1. Adj.: Describing a person born between 1 Jan. 1946 and 31 Dec. 1964
2. Adj.: Description of a person, place or thing possessing Baby Boomer je ne sais quoi
3. See also, Boomer, Esq.: A Baby Boomer who is also a licensed attorney (See, e.g., About).
Why advertise on Boomeresque? Good question.
- The blog content on www.boomeresque.com is directed at —duh—Baby Boomers. When I think of the Baby Boomer demographic (those of us born between 1946 and 1964), I think of a cow swallowed by a python. The Baby Boomer generation is a bulge (the cow) moving through history (the python). Even through the recession, Baby Boomers have been the generation with the most to spend, and while our parents might have constituted the “Greatest Generation”, we constitute the largest generation.
- If you think Baby Boomers don’t use the internet to gather information, plan travel and make purchases—think again. Just Google “Marketing to Baby Boomers” and you will find a plethora of articles about the folly of not using the internet to market to Baby Boomers.
- Boomeresque’s content is quality controlled (by moi) and is relevant for Baby Boomers. The blog covers all aspects of travel, including accommodations, transportation, events/festivals, food, resources, “must see” destinations, product reviews and tips.
- The blog also provides book and movie reviews, product reviews and other topics of interest to the Baby Boomer demographic.
- Even though Boomeresque is obviously aimed at Baby Boomers, its travel content is also relevant for younger readers (i.e. like my twenty-something sons and their friends) and it’s a “good read” for anybody.
- Our Google page rank is 3/10, a page rank that draws sponsors and advertisers to other well-regarded blogs. (P.S.: Not even Google is ranked 10/10). Boomeresque’s Alexa rank is Global 171,757 and 32,116 in the United States. I am active on Facebook, Google +, Linked In and Twitter.
- I am able to guest post on other very highly regarded Baby Boomer Travel Blogs.
- Boomeresque was included in the Washington Flyer’s list of Best Travel Blogs of 2012.